19 February 2020
In 2019 Sport Australia, in partnership with the Australian Human Rights Commission, developed guidelines for the inclusion of trans and gender diverse athletes in sport.
Sport Australia subsequently commissioned Western Sydney University, the Sexualities and Gender Research group (SaGR), Proud2Play and twenty10 to create a suite of club tools and resources to accompany the guidelines.
These resources will help disseminate the key aims and messages of the Guidelines in a user friendly and accessible way for clubs.
The range of resources includes:
- Frequently asked questions sheet on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Common scenarios and everyday stories sheet on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Poster and fact sheets on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Education (PPT) resource on trans and gender diverse inclusion
- Top tips and how-to-do sheet on enacting trans and gender diverse inclusion for clubs and organisations
- Videos and podcasts
- Templates for clubs.